When traveling the roadways, all motorists have an obligation to obey highway signs. If you fail to do so, you may be charged with a traffic violation. Motorists charged with failure to obey a highway sign have a choice as to whether or not to go to court and try to fight the charges. An experienced traffic attorney can improve your chances for success.
Potential Negative Consequences for Not Fighting a Failure to Obey a Highway Sign Charge
Since fighting a traffic violation does require an investment of time and resources, some motorists choose to simply accept the charge of failure to obey a highway sign and the associated consequences. It is important not to make this choice without first carefully weighing your options. The potential negative consequences that you may face by choosing not to hire an attorney and fight the charges include the following:
- The conviction for the traffic violation will remain on your driving record for three years.
- You will have to pay a fine for the violation.
- You may have to pay court costs.
- You will receive 3 points on your Virginia driving record. Too many demerit points can eventually cause you to lose your license.
- The conviction may impact your car insurance rates or your ability to obtain coverage.
- The conviction may make your situation worse in the future if you get another traffic ticket within the next three years.
If you need assistance to fight a traffic violation, we are here to help. We encourage you to contact us today for more information at 888-386-3898.